Thread: Complex PTSD
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
nicam

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
I know. XAH's off-again/on-again GF is one of those people. She said XAH would NEVER do that to her (even though she says I was lying) because her parents raised her to be smart and strong. Ppppffft. She's been sucked in big-time by him... IMO, that belief of hers just means she's in for a longer and/or harsher ride than I was.

Sending hugs and ditto - feel free to PM if you need to talk.
LoL, I tried to warn XABF's new girlfriend too and she told me to stop harassing her. I could tell by her language that he had already planted all of the lies in her head and she fell for them head over heels.

I'd call her an idiot but I was in the same boat. If his ex had come to me and warned me a month or 2 in I probably would have believed his lies about her too and thought she was the crazy one. He is SUCH a good idealizer and manipulator, very handsome and attentive in the beginning. So much so you become addicted to that idealization and he knows it and uses it to keep you hooked.

Maybe, had I been warned by an ex of his prior, when the physical abuse started several months to a year down the road a bell would have gone off in my head and I wouldn't have thought it was just me. Or that this was uncharacteristic of him, or just the drugs/booze. Maybe, but who knows...

I'll PM you!