View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
LostinBA

One thing I have learned as I'm going through this is that it seems like there are levels of interest at times for what your "friends" want to hear and how they want to participate/interact with you. I'm not defending the women, but I'm starting to see that there are only a few people that I can truly share what I'm feeling with, and one of them is my therapist. At times, I feel like I'm burdening my friends with my issues, so I pull back from anything intimately personal and reserve that for therapy. Honestly, what we are going through as a group here, is very uncomfortable for others to hear and deal with. They put up defensive walls and take attitudes that are suprising. You have the choice of continuing to interact with these women, or not. You now have the knowledge to know where they actually stand in your "friends" department which should protect you. That's one of the good things about this place (SR). It's somewhat anonymous, but the people here understand. If I feel like there is something that I have to get off my mind, this is a safer place to do it than with "friends". Don't let it get you down, it's not you, it's the situation.