View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by lost186 View Post

What should I expect? What do I say to him? I feel like I have all these things to say, but I know I can't cram them into our one hour visit and that right now he is focusing on his recovery and probably isn't ready to hear what I am feeling? I'm just really scared/nervous to see him. I don't want to act like everything is fine and I am ok with what has happened but I don't want to upset him, but then I don't think its ok to hide how I feel.
Any advice on how to approach this, what to expect?

I have been married 31 years. I have never , not once felt the need to walk on eggshells, around my husband.

Also I was hoping to have time alone with my husband to sort through things, but his sister just called to tell me she is coming too. She is the only person in his family we talk to, and has been almost a mother figure to him. I would really like privacy but don't want to step on her toes or offend her.
I guess I feel like I have a bunch of expectations for seeing him, that are not good to have and I'm not sure where to start with everything when visiting tonight.

I have been married 31 years. Never, not once, have I felt the need to walk on eggshells when communicating with my husband and vice-versa. Same deal with the SIL. If you want one on one time with him, communicate this to your SIL. She may or may not respect this. You having nothing to lose.

I don't visit people in rehabs or prison. That's just me.