View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nicam

Prosecuting on Abuse and Tort

So, the statute of limitations on battery is 1 year. For strangulation, which is a felony, 3 years. I have an eye-witness to the strangulation, a doctor. Someone very credible whom I do not know personally, but know through a friend. It hasn't even been a year since the last DV incident, so I can get him on felony AND misdemeanor. I have had so many people who witnessed the abuse offer to help by making a statement.

I've been sitting here plotting revenge and didn't even realize it was right there under my nose the whole time! And the right kind, the kind that won't get me sued or landed in jail. LoL.

I can also file a civil tort suit against him. Has anyone done this? So happy! I finally feel like the fog has lifted and things will be set right!

Abusive XABF has had a new girlfriend for a couple of months now. This woman has a young daughter from what I understand. He just moved right onto the next victim. She of course eats up all of the bs he feeds her. Maybe this prosecution will spare this poor child too. Who knows?

SR seriously kept me alive through this. I can't even tell you how much you all have helped!

Happy!