View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Yep, she sounds like a classic BPD! Have you checked out bpdcentral message board? You might find it very helpful. I know it sometimes feels like you're going crazy yourself because they are SO egocentric, but yet intelligent and high-functioning. But LORDY they cannot have healthy relationships if their lives depended on it! My daughter has had several months of residential treatment and is doing well, but for a long while it felt like I was suffering from PTSD. Maybe that accounts for your "empty" feeling?
Well, the emptiness is largely due (I think) to my investment was genuine and full, and when it was dismissed in the manner it was, I felt like I had nothing left. I think, when dealing with her, the BPD/addiction behavior is one in the same, because she literally can't acknowledge the lengths that I went to for her. And if she did acknowledge, it was with selfish motives.

As much as this hurts, I'm relieved that it's over. Because she wasn't playing fair, and she never will play fair. I mean, what kind of person admits, with pride, that she slept with two other men while living with me? It's so antithetical to my own values, and I don't want anyone like that in my life.

I will pray for her. I will continue to work on showing compassion for her, even though I'm very angry. But as far as letting her back into my life, that ain't gonna happen.

As far as the BPD board, no, I haven't gone. Perhaps I should? Thank you for that information.