View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
What blows my mind is the speed and the viciousness of her actions. I seriously underestimated her ability to be cruel, to be unrepentant, to lie to my face about things. There is no remorse. There never will be, either.

What's hard is not feeding the anger. I have to catch myself if I start doing that, and when I do catch myself doing that, I try to replace that anger with compassion. And it's so darn hard. I spent the better part of a year trying to be a solid support. And while I admit I didn't always do the best thing for her or myself, my heart was always in the right place. Now, looking back at the price I've paid for trying to be a solid support, it simply wasn't worth it. I made a horrible miscalculation.

It's funny how I can mourn something when, in reality, I'm relieved she's gone. She's not a sociopath, but she behaves like one even though she hasn't picked up in 10 months. So, yeah, pictures deleted. The items that she left in my house were thrown out. Phone number blocked...