View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FindingJoy

A BIG thank you for your posts and replies. I finally left my EXAB 3 weeks ago and stuck by my word for once. I have not seen him and only spoke to him once on the phone for 15 minutes where he did all of the talking telling me about all of the progress he's made and a lst of his Thearpy appointments and AA meetings. Isn't it funny how addicts will be the first to share and even brag about doing something positive (even if it's something us normies do daily like cat box or garbage) but are also the first to lie avoid deny a bad behavior.
What does this teach us that they do know right from wrong but choose the behavior that suits them at that time without any thought of someone else.

I'm struggling with his text messages. I would be lying if I said I didn't like reading them as they are all very sweet and loving. I have written back several times with a "thank you." Am I suppose to ignore them completely? I know that if he was going to change his life for himself this would have already happened with or without me. He's 46 and I'm 34. Now he's saying this is his rock bottom and he's really ready. Well that may or may not be true and that is his business. I'm thinking if this is really his time to change it will be obvious but I don't want to set my self up again as he's given me the line several times..

I'm know enough not to see him or speak with him but Im not sure what to make of " I really get it now and I'm ready to be the man you deserve blah blah blah".

Any insight would be very appreciated.