Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
rachelwahlen

First of all, If you want to know how to handle getting through all that is going on in your life, I pray you will seek the Lord and trust in Him. I have learned that recovery for drug addiction is better when a person gets more than a 30 day program to just detox. How many times did my son do this and continue his addiction. How many times did my heart break. I had to turn my son loose and let him go through all the things that was breaking my heart. I relied on God for direction and I would have never been able to do this alone.
It takes time to trust again and many times the addict when he gets home does not want to discuss the issues and gets mad when you try to bring them up. He is usually on defense and somehow tries to make you feel bad for not trusting. They have to earn that trust if they want back into your life. Many think they can come home and thing everything is OK because they went for treatment. Actions speak plainer than words. Trust God and He will lead you in the right direction.