View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bval

I'm no doctor, but personally I'd really not wanna go through both w/d's at the same time, no. Esp. if I wasn't locked up in a detox the entire time.

And I would NOT worry about AA/NA meetings ... if you have to go alone, just go in a decent part of town, and go in the daytime. It's more the people in the neighborhoods I'd be worried about vs. the people in the meetings. Women's meetings are a good idea if you're concerned.

I've never EVER heard of women being assaulted in or around NA/AA meetings, myself. Esp. not by members. And I've been to a lot of groups. I wouldn't let that kind of fear stop you. And that number 'a predator in every NA meeting' (it's not a class, btw, it's a fellowship) sounds like made up BS.

Now, is there likely to be at least one guy who'd LIKE to sleep with an attractive young woman (voluntarily) in every meeting? That ... I would bet on. But the same is true at every office, every bar, every store, every PLACE you ever go. It doesn't make people dangerous predators.

I swear people watch TV nowadays and believe based on how many made-up STORIES there are about the subject ... that behind every corner lurks vicious sex predators in real life. It's really something like 10x more likely that a person is attacked/molested by someone they KNOW than someone they don't.