Thread: Confused, lost
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lost186

Confused, lost

On thursday, my husband came to me and said he had a problem with pain pills. I had no idea. He said he had been trying to quit and was unable to. We spent the day trying to get him into rehab. He left Friday morning, on my birthday. We have a six month old daughter that was born premature and has a few health issue requiring many doctors visits. Of course she gets sick during this, which is something that is cause for alarm. Today I found out the daycare she attends, which is a special medical one, will no longer be covered by our insurance effective tomorrow. I feel like it just keeps pouring down on me.
I had no idea about my husband. We have been happily married for 7 years. HE was having back problems and was given pain pills. THe doctor stopped prescribing but he said he continued to get them from friends.
I feel like I never knew him. He said this has been going on for a year but the doctor only stopped his prescriptions in the last few months and he moved on to stronger pills. I have all these confused feelings, like how could he do this to his daughter, how could he not want to be a good person for her. I want to stand by him as he wants to be better and wants help, but Im scared. Im not sure what has been the truth and what has been lies.
He checked into rehab so quick I never got to discuss anything with him. We get two 10 minute calls a day, but that doesn't solve much. I called and left a message for his personal counseler today, but he called back and said that he doesn't do private family sessions or discuss treatment with me. THey have family night on Wednesdays, that I can come to that for information. That didn't help. I am planning to go on Wednesday, after I figure out work and a sitter for the baby. I would 60+ hours a week at a job that is not time off friendly this time of year. My goal was to find a new job in the spring. With my husband in rehab, and only my income, I can't lose my job.
I just feel so lost as how to approach everything, what to say to him, what to think, and where to begin to handle this. I would really appreciate any advice.
Thank you if you made it this far, this is the first time I've started to talk about everything and I guess I got a little winded.