Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
freethinking
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Well, here's my take:

If you were having thoughts like "Gee, it might be nice to try out one of those bars", I'd say that is very normal, "classic" beast like activity to be going on in your head at this stage. However, what you are describing sounds like thoughts which have already accepted the fact that you will drink again...it sounds like your thoughts are already ahead of your first drink but onto how you will not get in trouble this time once your drinking is out of control.

Do you have SMART meetings near you? Unless you are going to hardcore sit down and make a Big Plan and do AVRT the way it is meant to be done (which not everyone does), I think you would benefit from some face-to-face interaction with others who also struggle with addiction. Personally, I used AVRT and SMART meetings in the beginning. I think the only way I could have done without the face-to-face interaction was if I got pretty "by the book" about AVRT (which it does not sound like you are). I don't hear a Big Plan in here at all....just a recognition of the addictive voice, and you will need more than that to succeed IMO.