View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
Zoso

just sending you some support. there can be anger at what and how she did what she did, then there can be something opposite seeing that for someone to do that, they must be in some pain themselves. riding some honeymoon phase and i would venture to guess that this new 'great' relationship is going to come crashing down not too far down the line. so, the further away you are the better. you seem to have a good idea of what is going on and how to protect yourself. it really sucks to have helped someone so much and then get slapped in the face for it, but like you and others have said, it is best to move on. it is very VERY likely she will contact you if/when things go wrong. hopefully by then you will have moved on and will not get sucked back in to the drama.

now on another note-

as soon as i saw the your name- four sticks popped in my head. recently that one has helped me through some bad times. and when the levee breaks. battle of of evermore.

good luck man
Thank you for the kind words. And while I do love the fourth album, Physical Graffiti is my fave.

The anger and the pain are like a see saw. But what makes it easier to deal with is, for me, there is no going back. For her to take pleasure in cutting me down as far as she could after a very strong, good faith effort on my part to support her means whatever we had is unsalvageable. And from what I've read here thus far, I think whatever we had was contingent on what she wanted from me rather than a mature, loving relationship.

We can have compassion for people, and we can forgive people, but I'm not tolerating that level of abuse from anyone.