Thread: Pets?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GirlFromCO

I say do it, but that's just my opinion. As you can see, there are lots of wise voices here. My own experience with my dog has been really positive. I was always a cat person, but I lived alone and wanted some company and something to keep me safe. Getting her was the best thing I could have done for myself. I couldn't lay around in bed all day anymore watching TV. Whether I liked it or not, I was forced to get up, put some cleanish clothes on, brush my teeth, and take that dog for a walk. Twice a day, every day. I also had to feed her and play with her. Most days, just getting outside and walking for a bit helped my mood and my outlook, and eventually I cam to look forward to those walks. I started walking for fun. Having a cute dog is also a really great way to meet new friends. It really helped me a lot and I'm so glad she lives with us.

Anyway, I was obviously super depressed and I hope you don't find yourself there, but anything that you can love and loves you back and also gets you outside and also helps you make new friends is good in my book.