Thread: First Post
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
My daughter has "emerging' BPD and I know what you have been dealing with in this relationship. Bless your heart for being so supportive through all that sh*t!!! Your plan to block her and move on with your life is absolutely the path to healing for you, although it most certainly WILL be painful. Going "no contact" is the shortest route to serenity. Having contact would only fan the flames of the drama she is creating, and you know how that will go...

Keep doing what you're doing. We are here to support you. (((Hugs)))
I've read that 50% of those afflicted with BPD also have substance abuse issues. It's an explosive mix. And I seriously underestimated her potential to be vicious and sadistic. See, nothing is ever her fault. It's always mine. And when she takes responsibility for something, she's not sincere about it. When she says she's trying to change, working her program, I don't see how what she pulled is working her program. Frankly, I'm grossed out by her now.

I once heard in Al Anon that you can't fight anger with anger, or fight hate with hate. You can only fight those with love. Right now, I'm working on compassion for her. Because she's very truly sick. It doesn't mean I want her back. It's doesn't mean I'm OK with what she did. I'm really done with her act. But I believe that by showing compassion, it will help me heal as time goes on. Whatever HP she answers to can deal with her act. I'm done.