Thread: First Post
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
Welcome to SR. This is a great forum and you'll find many people who have dealt with similar situations.

Glad to hear that you're in Al-anon and getting support there. The tools you are gaining will help you through this.

There is no doubt that a break up via text with attached pic of the new boyfriend was particularly cruel. But sometimes it's those cruel actions that make moving on a wee bit easier.

I'm sorry your heart is hurting.

gentle hugs
ke
I took her in when she had no where else to go and supported her through two detoxes, an overdose, and a lot of self-indulgent behavior before finding my way into Al Anon. Through Al Anon, I realized that I had enabled her quite a bit and had become part of the problem. It was during this time we weren't together, but a month after I started Al Anon, she wanted to reconcile.

So, we did, but despite her saying she was trying to change, she was still susceptible to self pity, self absorption, suicidal ideation, etc. Only this time I didn't bite. Six months ago, I would have taken her out to eat if she hadn't eaten in two days. I stopped doing that. I stopped enabling her to be helpless. And then, out of the blue, she dumps me via text message and confesses she slept with two other men while living with me. And she took sick pleasure in telling me, too. It was sadistic.She said that when she was with me, she had no grace or dignity, and now she does.

She's dual diagnosis (addiction and Borderline Personality Disorder). I've read a lot about the latter, and Ann's sticky note about addiction drove home that my ex is not a well person. I don't want her back in my life at all. I was willing to tolerate the mental health/addiction stuff as long as she was working her program. She's not.

I've been warned she may try to contact me again. I want nothing to do with her. I just want to mourn in peace and move forward.