Thread: I Need Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi MG

Your story just breaks my heart. This is so traumatizing for you and he is so very sick right now.

Last time I believe you were able to get him committed for a time...can you do that again? At least enough time for him to get sober and stable. He is obviously a danger to himself and perhaps others, and maybe they will help you keep him under lock and key for a while.

You don't have to feel guilty at all about not letting him stay with you...I'm sure you already know that. You are NOT responsible for his illness, and you do not have to put your own health on the line for anyone. He has other safe choices - residential treatment for one...and if he choses not to do that, then it is his responsibility not yours.

If you are feeling really shaking right now, can your daughter come and be with you? If I was there I would be right over in a flash...but at least I am here and you know you can keep talking to us as long as you like. You don't have to go through this alone.

Take a deep breath and thank God that he is safe for the moment. You have been through several bad days here, and a little rest would be good too. Just know we are here and we love you and care.

My prayers are with you all the way with this.