Old 01-22-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Peta

That was Vertigo - IS much more effective than I'm in Vertigo.. brings you back into control

I really like the shifting examples you give

I'm going to do that now RE some times coming up where i'm sure my beast will be excited by the idea of drinking - for example next Sat at a concert in a vineyard we are going to

My Beast will most likely be saying "hey we're in a vineyard for goodness sake, everyone's drinking, you're on holiday, you can sleep in tomorrow"

I will be saying "yes but I dont drink - having a drink would be as foreign as having a cigarette to me because I dont smoke either"

I also know that at those kinds of things,, once I start drinking there is the compulsion for more and more to keep the 'buzz' going - I get agitated when others around me drink too slowly or take too much of my share.. so much more relaxing to just not drink. and even if it isnt too bad becasue I wont drink

I've found that page 144-145 of the book - really helpful breaking down the

I
WILL
NEVER
DRINK
AGAIN

particularly the I, WIll and AGAIN part because I know now that my neocortex is the real me and that the part of me that desires booze is not teh real me or the part of me that has any ability to do anything

WILL - that it is through my intelligence and self reliance that I will abstain

and AGAIN

because no matter what my AV tries to tell me - I have drunk enough times and more so to know what will happen when I do. past behaviour is the best prediction for future behaviour. It wont be any different.