View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((cad)))- been there, done that, got the t-shirts in a rainbow of colors. Of course, I'm also the recovering-crack-addict

It's okay to be done. I remember a friend of mine who was getting a divorce (no drug/alcohol use involved). She told me about her STXH buying her a dozen roses, and she told him "too little, too late".

I left my crack-addict bf because I realized that no matter if he chose recovery (he never did, died in a crack house), I'd never get over the worrying about coming home and finding everything I owned being sold/pawned/traded for crack..that he'd be gone. He had a way longer history of abuse than I did, but I just knew...deep in my heart, I'd never trust him again.

I will tell you, though, that the anger (for me) was just one of the phases I went through. After that, there was grief and pain. What helped me was to keep a list of all the reasons our relationship HAD to end...trust being the main one.

I'm glad you're taking care of you, I get what you're feeling, and I'm glad you're here...nothing like others who have been in our shoes to help us through it

Hugs and prayers,

Amy