View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
HenryKrinkle

Originally Posted by Complexiti View Post
Getting to a doctor or ER is out of the question - sorry but I cannot go into details as to why.
Stopping drinking without medical supervision is dangerous at best and may result in death. Only you know the reason why you can't go see a doctor. You have declined to share that with us. You are going to have to decide if risking death from alcohol withdrawal is a better option than doing whatever it takes to see a doctor that will help you. Of course, the other option is to continue drinking, which will lead to further misery and probably death, sooner or later.

Originally Posted by Complexiti View Post
It is enough to know that I am an alcoholic. I accept that fact. Have known for many years that I am an alcoholic. And know that I have to stop drinking.

But it is hard. Because alcohol blanks out all the bad things, blanks out physical pain - and just does its best to destroy my health.
It is clear from your posts that you need to stop drinking, and it is good that you acknowledge that.

Yes, as you say, "it is hard." But, nothing is going to improve unless you seek help and stop drinking once and for all. All of the bad things, blanks, physical pain are going to persist until you figure out away to stop putting poison in your body. It appears to me you are having a really hard time doing this on your own. I would really encourage you to seek help to deal with this.