View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
neferkamichael
Life Health Prosperity

Originally Posted by lillyknitting View Post
Need some help and advice. Just received the RR book, so far so good, totally relate to his thoughts and experiences In the beginning with regard to AA. I am not here to knock AA I know many people who it has helped and good for them, but for me, it didn't work. My drinking is a lot better, I can do weeks of abstinence then suddenly it comes upon me, "yes, I could fancy a couple of wines" just as described the beast talking but I still find I cannot quit completely, is this ambivalence addiction and do I have to put into place extra effort and extreme willpower, need some advice, but will not stop trying.
Tomorrow I will attend an AA meeting for the 6th time this week. AA is one of the important reasons I am 1 year 6 months sober. The fellowship of AA is what works for me, the program not so much. However I am work step 4 and I discovered ambivalence, is my biggest character defect. I have rarely set goals or made commitments for the majority of my life. Now I wonder, am I "addicted" to ambivalence? Thanks for the thread.