Old 01-21-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Willybluedog

Plath,

I am not a religious person, I am not a person you would find in my grandmothers pentecostal church, speaking in tongues or handling snakes, but the thing I consider one of the biggest sins, the one I chastise myself for all the time, is not being grateful enough for all that I have. I survived a terrible crash, I believe with all my heart that I was saved that day for a purpose, and that if I do not make the most of each day and be grateful for all I have, then I am wasting my gift. I get a little preachy about this and that is wrong too, but I believe in this so very passionately that I cross the line.

When you are in one of these moods then I want you to just be quiet for a minute and to think about the things you have, you child and husband, that you have a roof over your head, enough food, you have all your arms and legs (unlike some of our veterans returning home) on and on we can go, but this takes just a second and you will find this is kryptonite for negative thought.

Also some remiders:

I am strong

I can succeed

I can learn from it

I am lovable

I am attractive

I can handle it

I can choose who to trust

I can choose to forgive

I am okay just the way I am

I am smart

I can trust my own judgement

I deserve good things

I am worthy and worthwhile

I am a good and loving person

I am important

I deserve to be happy

I can choose to forgive

I now have choices

I am beautiful inside and out

You are all these things and many more, you have a family and friends that will be there for you.

Bless you,

Bill