Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mcbb79

Need Help about Girlfriend in Detox/Rehab

My girlfriend/fiance of 8 months checked herself into a rehab 2 days ago. This is the first time in our relationship we have not at least talked during the course of a day, normally we are together most everyday. Were best friends. She has been addicted to percocet for the better part of 4 years. Her addiction has been a secret to family and friends, not anymore. She made the choice to get well for herself. Im proud of her, shes a very strong person. At first i was jealous and very fearful of losing her. I truly understand now thats its about her well being and its about her life. She also stated its for us as well so we could have a future together. She started using to numb pain from being raped years ago. I need to point out I too am an alcoholic. I binge drink for days but not everyday. Ill drink at night to numb out and pass out to forget. I too keep it a well guarded secret. Either way Im an alcoholic. She is bi-polar and I have major depression and I have been diagnosed with PTSD. I have not heard from her since she was picked up from the airport to go to the rehab. Im starting to feel that maybe the rehab does not want her to contact me. I feel we are very codependent and that I have enabled her. We are very much in love and plan to marry someday. All I want is for her to be well and I'm proud of her and I'd only like to be there to support her and love her, not get in the way. Were everything to each other and I'm heart broken without her but I realize this is about her and its about her life. I made a promise to her that I would continue with my therapy while she is gone and Id like to pursue out patient treatment for my alcoholism. I cant do it anymore, I want to live and be healthy and happy. But I have a professional job and I'm at a point where I'm moving up to bigger and better things in my career. I feel I could ruin my career by entering a rehab myself. I don't know where to turn for answers and I need an outlet since my girlfriend was the person I turned to for help and of course my therapist. I'm so scared she might not want to be with me anymore when she is better and comes home. But at the same time i know she needs to do whats best for her. And i truly want to get help for my drinking also. I want to help myself. But Im scared of that and that people will know my secret of my drinking. I just need some help, some guidance. Thanks!!!!