Old 09-15-2004, 05:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

luckily I don't dream much anymore although lately I have had a few. A couple of days ago, I dreamed about my ex and another girl and although I never get into fights in real life...I was beating the crap out of this unknown person. My ex was never faithful to me so it was a realistic enough dream. But I woke up from it because I was actually kicking and had kicked the hard wood on my couch (OUCH).

With my ex-fiance, who also cheated but not as severly, I would have the same type dreams and one night I punched him very hard in the back while we were both asleep and another night I kicked him completely out of bed while I was still asleep. LOL ( I couldn't have lived with myself if I had ever heart him while I was awake, but seeing that it was my uncontrollable self-conscience I think it was hilarious!)

Princess, I know you said in another post that your doctor said you are not bipolar and he/her may be right, but you also said your mother was bipolar and I've learned through my readings that bp is a family disorder and if one family member has it then there is most likely at least one other in your family who is bp, if not many as in my family. So you might want to get a second opinion from a pychiatrist since you know your mom was bipolar and since you defenately have the depressive part of the illness. (I say that also because my general doctor has no clue about mental illness other than depression. He thought I was doing drugs a month ago when I came into his office and was barely able to talk or function from being in such a severe depressive episode. He's a great physical doctor, but just doesn't understand much about bp.)

Although, as I say that I must also say that you have to have at least suffered from one manic episode in your life to be bp. In my life these episodes were not really severe enough to cause me any real harm, because I was just working my butt off at work and doing so much and it made my bosses pretty happy (except when I turned in overtime). I also had not recognized them as manic episodes because they came on gradually and I just thought my anti-depressants were working extordinarily well. I was happy when I was at work. I was really happy. I also have had episodes where I stay up all night re-arranging and cleaning my entire house even though I have to work a 10 or 12 hour shift at work the next day. I would just go into work and struggle through the tiredness if it hit me (usually I'd get tired in the middle of the day and then I would get a second wind of sorts so that even when I got off work...I still couldn't sleep. When I'm in a manic state, once I get going it is hard for me to stop until I can feel a certain level of accomplishment. I really enjoy these times, so it's no wonder that I never suspected anything was wrong.

Unfortunately ( or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I am mostly depressed, my manic states are few and mild where my depressive episodes are rampid and very serious).

I would like to learn more about people who have extreme manic states though.

So Jon and any others who can tell me about their experiences I would appriciated it.

God Bless
Jenna