Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
kanamit

Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
I will never drink again and I will never change my mind.

Made my big plan.

Another motivating factor for me to do this right now is that I signed up for a 12 week nutritional weight loss program with a consultant. I was pretty shocked to realize that I need to lose about 20 pounds. I didn't think I was that bad. I start a 7 day detox tomorrow to jump start the program. It's all vegetables and some fruits. Obviously no alcohol. I know the beast wouldn't care if I had 100 pounds to lose and my blood pressure was through the roof, the AV is still going to be ruthless.

I know it's not only extremely unhealthy for me to continue to drink, it's extremely immoral for me. If I continue with my lifestyle, something is bound to happen to me sooner rather than later. That will leave my husband and
son to care for me and for my autistic son.

In all my attempts to curb my drinking in the past, I don't think I ever thought about the immorality issue. I always thought of it as something I'm compelled to do and I somehow never thought of the consequences as being my fault. It was as though the consequenses were something happening to me. The "disease mentality".

I agree that Jack seems like a really guy.
Congratulations! Once I got it sussed I dropped a quick email of thanks to Jack and got a reply pretty much straight away—which isn't bad given the eight hour time difference.

By the way, if you're interested I can recommend a book that will allow you to safely lose that weight in half the time, without having to pay a nutritionist. PM me if you're interested.