View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AGuyLeftAlone

Originally Posted by IrishHandcuffs View Post
I can't remember how hard I tried last time but I fell way off the rails in the past 6 months. This time I'm giving it all up to God, it's been two weeks and I feel like ****. I'm aching when I try to drive, my wife and I aren't getting along, and I'm more tired when I wake up and late for work more often. In the past two weeks I've had someone vandalize a small house I own, my car's broken down, twice and my boss is acting like a jackass but I've never even considered having a drink. But nothing is going right since I quit!!!!! Has anyone ever felt like this? I can't find my keys, I'm late for meetings, I'm not on at all. I want to break free of thinking alcohol is making me successful, but I feel like I can't live without it, despite the fact that I'm not drinking and won't.

I think giving up alcohol and drying out is a difficult in itself. It is very mentally and physically exhausting. What makes it even harder is having to do all the things that need done to continue everyday life (bills, job/lack of job,family, etc.)

Is there a possiblity you could take time off work to help deal with all these issues that come with going dry? As long as you meet certain criteria, by Calif. state law, you are entitled to take up to 3 months off work for medical/family reasons. You can claim disability for the time you are off work. Your doctor will be able to assist you with this. Again, this is in Calif. I would assume its the same for most other states. I would suggest you look into this.

The less you have to deal with, the easier your recovery will go (at least for me this was true).

Hang in there. Remind the family of what it is that you are going thru and ask them for thier patience and support.

I don't do AA so I cannot comment on that. I think talking to a doctor/psychologist that specializes in alcohol would be just as helpful.

A.G.L.A