View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
BookLover1978

CHIMMY- Thanks for your reply I looked up 'enabling behaviour' and it really made me think!. Also thanks for the offer of support (via PM) it means a lot! :0).

EVERYONE-I didn't go last night to visit Mum in hospital, I figured I needed a bit of time to cool down so I helped my Dad instead with some paperwork he urgently needed help doing (at least he was very grateful for the help! lol!).
I'm not visiting Mum tonight either as I have no childcare but think another night away will do me good.
My Aunt went to both visits yesterday as she was worried no-one would go (and she left work early) but I think that could probably do Mum some good to wonder why no-one from her large family is there? (tough love!).
It is hard when you go and leave your own family to visit her and she's nasty with the staff, sarcastic, boasting about how much weight she's lost when she was weighed & showing no remorse whatsoever to family or medical staff who tell her how close she came to death!.
Doc has said she will initially need 24hr care when released home in case of seizures so I'm not sure how we are all going to do that as we all have lives, partners, jobs & kids and its frustrating she has put us all in this situation so we are having a big family meeting to discuss it together, air views and come up with some plans to share responsibility.
I know she has to hit her personal rock bottom to want to come back up but how can a doc thumping your chest to get you breathing again from a seizure & almost dying not be anyones rock bottom? tut!