Old 01-19-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

I think that one path to becoming a healthy person is to do what you are doing, self examination.

For many years in my 20's, I was an angry person. I would lash out when I felt threatened or used. I was making myself miserable and was sick and tired of wasting all my energy on a counterproductive emotion.

I went to the library (no interent, when I was young it was the dark age) read every book I could find on anger, took all the little tests and made it my mission to correct this obvious flaw. I did manage to get it under control through self talk and by the use of my subconcious mind. Every night right before I dozed off I would feed my subconcious mind the thought that tomorrow I would not be angry, eventually my concious mind believed the thought and poof my anger had subsided. Now, it's not to say that I never feel angry, I do, but I do not lash out. I gather my self and when ready I respond and then I move on with my day.

Keep working on you, read everything you can about healing yourself, pick one issue, work on it, get it under control and then move on to another. Progress not perfection.

Rome was not built in a day, it all started with one corner stone and was constructed from there, foundation first.

Keep posting, we are here for you!