Old 01-17-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Thrifty

Cocteau, it seems like that's a common beast thing to do.... To let you be confident for a while, then come at you full force at certain times. Is that vertigo or flooding? What's the difference between the two?

Anyway, I am finding a lot of beast activity that doubts that this method will work for me. I got to the point that I was not recognizing it and was discouraged. Then this morning I started using the shifting technique. The question came up.... "Will I get AVRT? Will I make this work once and for all?" When "I" answer yes, feel really hopeful and fearless, like a big weight has been lifted. The beast however, tells me that it can't be done, this is just another pie in the sky method, you would have gotten it by now if you're going to get it at all. When "I" answer no, I feel devastated and hopeless and self loathing. The beast on the other hand feels like it gets another day to stay alive and relieved that it talked me out of saying never.

Besides just recognizing the voice, did any of you practice shifting? Did you set up questions to practice with, or did you just use the technique when something came up. Was it helpful?