Old 01-15-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
protocol53

Originally Posted by langkah View Post
At the point where our drinking is so bad that it puts us in the awful spot of having to drink and occasionally go places to supposedly stop drinking, we often get worse not by tiny gradations, but like going down a ski jump. Because at the point when people are on us about our drinking, we really need a drink.

What is customary is we do as little as we must do to drink and still keep people off our backs because we are 'doing something'. If you aren't buying that after a while and enough heat is applied we will have a few drinks and attend an AA meeting or have a few drinks after, telling the heat applier that we needed a few drinks to calm down because what we did for her was so very hard, but we were willing to do that for her and we hope she appreciates the difficulty we experienced in doing this very hard thing she made us do, and hope she'll understand that we need a few drinkies to oh...ease our stress levels? (heh-heh)

If you keep falling for excuses for his continued drinking then you're the right girl for an alcoholic. Without partners like you we might actually have to stop drinking (the easy part) and work hard to change enough to stay comfortably sober for the rest of our lives (the hard part).

I admire him for getting this kind of milage out of only one shrink appointment. 'I have to drink, I'm self-medicating my depression'...'I'll get this depression worked out and be just as right as rain, but for now the solution is for you to not bother me while I'm drunk'...just wow.

At this point the game is on, even if you don't like the game and don't want to play.

You made a lot of assumptions about me and about him. Thank you for insulting me. I do not picture myself coming back here.