Thread: forgive again?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

When I was drinking, it happened more than a few times. It is scary to wake up and have no clue how you got home, where you left your car, what you did. I remember once going to breakfast with some guy I met at a bar. While we were sitting there after eating, I guess I told him to go on home. Not exactly sure how that conversation went, but I do remember him asking if I'd be okay. I said yes, I'd be fine. When I left the restaurant, I went looking for my car and couldn't find it. I searched the parking lot for half an hour and thought someone had stolen my car.

I walked to a Super 8 next door and told them someone stole my car. I rented a room for the night and the next morning, called a friend to come pick me up and take me to Enterprise to rent a car. I rented a car, drove home, took a nap, then, just on a fluke, drove by the bar I had been at the night before. There sat my car. I had ridden to breakfast with the guy I met and in that short amount of time, forgot that I didn't drive myself and when I sent him home, I was without transportation.

I'm so glad I no longer drink and don't do stupid shyte like that anymore.