View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
quitforme79

Thank you all for your wonderful responses and yes, it does help me sooo much to come on here, it's something I look forward to every morning and night. Sunny27, I look younger than my age too so I hear you there haha Also, I went for the bad boys and charmers throughout which I beleive is why I find myself at 33 with a string of relationships behind me w men that weren't emotionally available. Sometimes though I think I subconciously wanted it that way. I never let anyone really IN you know? Hoping to be able to do that with sobriety. And I don't have that "ticking clock" urge either but if I find the right guy, I would like to have a family...we'll see. I don't have a sponser but am in therapy and going to try to maintain myself with that for now. I was going to go to AA but in the end decided against it. My Dr is involved in my treatment now too so I do feel I have a decent support system, SR being at the top of my list. I really feel less alone and scared when you guys offer me advice and encuragement, I can't even explain in words how much better I feel just from hearing from you all. ((hugs))