Old 01-14-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
kanamit

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
How far have you read? I recommend reading straight through, but Part I is essentially deprogramming for people who have previously gone through the treatment turnstile, and Part II is the detailed AVRT course. Part III is advice for families or for people interested in the addiction treatment field. While you could technically skip Part III if it bores you stiff, there is nevertheless a hidden gem in there which I would not skip. On pages 274-291, there is a lengthy transcript of an AVRT session under the heading "The Case of Richard," which is definitely worth reading.
I read from cover-to-cover the first time round but on all subsequent reads only properly read Part II—plus the case study you cited above.

One of the negative reviews I read on Amazon was that, while the book was effective, it was padded out too much. At first glance, I might agree but I think in reality Jack Trimpey is just being thorough.

Either way, I recommend reading the whole book at a fairly slow pace at least once before forming an opinion.