View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 03:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Daffodil
Queen of one liners

(((Jala))))

Welcome to SR. From your post you KNOW about living with the active drinking. Now you want and need to learn new tools so you can learn to live Your life, for YOU. Most of us who grew up with the active drinking probably have married an A. Bless their hearts. The horns on their heads just fit the holes in ours. I can't tell you why but it seems that's the way life happens for us. It's my belief that my H.P. guided me to alanon so I could learn how to really live life, MY LIFE! Not someone else's. When I am oppressing about some one else I certainly am not living my life.

The 3 Cs of alanon have helped me more than anything else.

You didn't cause it.
You can't control it.
You can't cure it.

But you can recover from the effects of alcoholism just as I and countless others have.
I knew the worry, frustration, and hopelessness of the disease. I wanted a new way of living life. Going to alanon I learned new tools and how to use them. I had the support of a group of people who were willing to go to any lengths to recover from those effects and find themselves in the process. Today most of the time I have Serenity and if I lose it I have a support group who are willing to help me find it again.

I am so glad you posted and please keep coming back. SR is here for you 24/7.

Love and prayers,
Daffodil