Old 01-13-2012, 10:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

my friend is afraid of what AS will do to herself if the child is taken away from her.
As A's are known to do I suspect AS used this 'ploy' on your friend to manipulate her. Tell your friend if she is going to befriend your AS she really needs to get to some Alanon meetings.

Tell her your AS is really hurting child emotionally and/or physically and that this will stay with the child for LIFE.

If your 'friend' (and I use the term loosely at this point) will not call CPS then you need to first call the police in AS town and talk with the Desk Sargent to see what they say and then I would forward 'copies' of everything to the woman you talked with at CPS, and if they do nothing, then it is time to get INSISTENT with the police.

J M H O but I would do everything I possibly could to rescue any child let alone a niece or nephew of mine. Yes, I have reported to abu ase to CPS before and I have called the cops when I have witnessed domestic violence.

My two pet peeves are Domestic Violence and child abuse. I have volunteered here where I have lived for the past 21 years, for quite a few years, at our Domestic Violence Center.

Please continue to work toward have that child removed from AS's home.

Love and hugs,

PS Check out our Adult Children of A's, it's will give you an idea of what this does to many children.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...holic-parents/