Thread: Silver Lining
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Aquiana

I can see everybody's help is going to be awesome. Thanks to everybody he writes back. I'm trying to stick things out with him for a little while longer at least. At the end of the month he's being forced into a rehab center because of his impaired charge. He even said that he hopes it will help and I believe he's sincere. I think the worst part for him is that he's embarrased about all of this. His friends, and even some of his family don't think there's anything wrong with any of it. This was all a normal part of his life. He's a stubborn guy and I don't think he wants to admit he needs help from anyone. It's humiliating to him. He know's the stress is an excuse and nothing more and he knows that alcohol doesn't actually help. His dad is going in for a quadrupal bypass surgery in a couple weeks and he's convinced he's not going to live.

I really want to see how this rehab goes and I'm hoping it makes a difference. If not, there will be some serious thinking going on. This is the first time he's going for help and I hope his heart is in it to take it.