Thread: Silver Lining
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Peaches04

Hi Aquiana. We all feel your pain here - believe me, you are not alone! I am married and have 2 children and just came out of denial that my hubby of 6 years is, and has been, an alcholic for years. I am now deciding whether or not I can live with this and I am learning to take care of ME. I know this is probably not useful information, but to be honest - I envy that you knew BEFORE you are married that this may be a life-long problem and that you are without children who might get hurt. I only mention this because it is my vulnerability or I would have been gone long ago, and you are much free -er at this point to make good decisions. But, I know you love him too - and it hurts...I know it hurts! You just keep remembering how it can be? and you can't figure out how it got to where it is... There are a lot of good thoughts on here - and this board has helped me immensely. If I could do it all again - I would think very long and very hard about if it is worth it. and it may be!...that's just up to you...