Old 01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
itsanewday2011

Originally Posted by cad235 View Post
Thank You! I'm in the process of getting my finances in order... house is in my name and is up for sale. He really twists things around and puts the blame on me... it is awful. I have spent the last couple of years doing everything possible and catering to him... it is only during the past 6 months or so that his addiction has progressed and I have started speaking up saying I don't want drugs in my life or my daughters life. He threatens me that "playing f hardball won't work and I'll be f sorry"... etc. etc. End of December when he was in rehab for that one week, we really got along great. I got my hopes up and he told me everything I wanted to hear. What a let down for things to revert back so quickly!
My ex said the same thing to me - threats, etc that I will be sorry and the divorce will be a knock down drag out. Long story short, it was a way to push my buttons. He ended up not fighting anything and asked for our wedding ring for the settlement (he needed it to hock for cash and more drugs). I held the "ring" hostage until he signed the papers and I have the house, full custody of our 3 year old and he didn't get a dime of my savings (he had drained all of his). I wish you the best. This is a rough time but you will get through it.