Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by failedtaper View Post
To me, all this is just more "Beast noise"...

Let's get real. People come to AVRT to learn how NOT to drink. We don't need to spend useless time musing about the nonsensical what-if's that the AV wants to entertain us with.
You are correct in that all of this is just more Beast noise, FT, but you have inadvertently reminded me of a useful AVRT trick.

The Beast is totally dependent on the self — "I" — to get its precious stuff, and to be sure, it can be quite crafty in coming up with reasons to drink, but it is nevertheless too stupid to keep its game plan secret for long. To see what I mean, ask the Beast, "Suppose I do end up drinking/using, what conditions will lead to that?"

It will probably stupidly tell you just how it plans to seduce you, well in advance. You might hear the AV say "Well, when the wife goes out of town next week, you'll be all alone, and she keeps that bottle for special guests. You could replace it before she got back. She'd never know." Kind of like playing poker with someone and right before you place your bet, saying "I'm not sure if this hand is good, sir, would you show me your cards, please?"

Too easy.