View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
WMaxwell
Soon-to-be-Ex-Wife of Addict

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
So what are you going to do about it? Nothing changes if nothing changes.

BTW, Addictions get worse. much worse. Look at today and think this is going to be the best day of the rest of your life unless something changes.

(hint: It won't be him. )

Your friend,
He has been clean since September 11, 2011. By clean, I mean he has not used crack or drank alcohol.

What I am dealing with today is addictive behaviors. It starts with him picking fights with me daily. Then it escalates to threats of him moving out. Before I know it he's visiting old friends that he used to get high with (this is the stage I am in now). The next step is he actually moves out. While he is gone he will get high. Then he will be my forgiveness, blame all of our problems on his addiction, and move back home.

I used to get all bent out of shape about him leaving me. I dont now because I know he comes back. I expected at least ONE more relapse.

He's doing everything right as far as I know. He went to rehab for a month (his idea...we were seperated at the time) he has been going to NA Meetings regularly, he got a sponsor.

I don't know if he's working the steps yet or not; he tries to shut me out of his recovery process for some reason. Maybe you can shed some light on this?

M1k3, You have been clean for 20+ years, so it is possible...but I expect a few more relapses before he makes the changes necessary to be clean and sober for more than a few months. I guess I'll just keep taking it until I can't take it any more :-/