View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
missbea

I feel I need to provide more info so that I can get the right advice before moving forward. I know he doesn't use crack, I know he did not use any drugs when he was away for those 3 days because he was tested when he came back. I'm not defending him or being delusional. I know this because he was tested at the facility where he was admitted and I have access to that information.

Also, regarding STDs, I cannot say for a fact that he's not been with other women, I'm not naive, but there's never been any evidence of that. I have access to his e-mail, cell phone, bank records, everything. So I think I will know if he's cheated on me. His vice is drugs. Not women. He's never been abusive towards me, I've never been afraid of him or anything, everything has always been great, etc, etc. That's not the issue

He is addicted to cocaine and has been a functioning addict since I met him (I just didn't know it). When I found out the first time, he tried to stay off (cold turkey - without help) for 2 months and felt extremely depressed. This is when he relapsed (about 3 months ago) and has been doing it every other weekend or so until the last episode. This time he is getting professional help, outpatient treatment and seeing a doctor about his depression and a therapist about his issues. Mind you, this is only a couple of weeks in the making. I don't know if I should give up and move on or if I should stay and watch his progress, because this means I will have to watch out for any signs of relapse and I could not trust him. It will be hard being in a relationship with someone I don't trust. Or have to drug test. Not sure I can live like that even if he never relapses.

Thank you all for your comments. Please keep them coming.

Last edited by missbea; 01-10-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Font