View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
barblsn

. The more time I spend here, the more I am starting to feel like those who have been successful in recovery stay away from the message boards.

Oh honey that's not true. I remember when I learned about my husband's addiction, I was certain that my love and comittment to our marriage would help him stop using. It didn't. He had 3 significant relapses in our 10 year relationship. The last one took his life. And I remember after the second relapse, just wanting SO BAD for everything to be ok; for it to go back to where he was working and we were visiting family and going out to dinner and having fun. But I could not make that happen. Nothing I ever said or did stopped him from using drugs.
Of course your husband can stop. People can get clean and stay in recovery for the rest of their lives. You have to take care of you and your daughter. Let him take care of him.
The people who have responded to your post have been where you are. Its hard to listen to, I know. The truth is so hard to hear. But trust me, its the truth.