View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CRandall

Originally Posted by tromboneliness View Post

You seem to be saying that you get into a relationship, cling to it, and wait for the other person to split up with you. What's the common thread -- is there a "type" that you tend to gravitate toward?

T
You are right on. That's exactly what I do. I get into a relationship and I'm in love with them, then they leave. The men who have left me are all different, but if there can be one thing that describes them, it was that they were emotionally unavailable at the time they were dating me. That's all I can come up with, because nothing else makes sense. Here are the things they said when breaking up with me:
#1 - "There's nothing about you I don't like. I just know I don't want to be with you anymore."

#2 - "You are my best friend and I love you, but I know I'm not in love with you because I've been in love before."

#3 - "You aren't conservative enough for me" (later, he told me he broke it off because he wasn't over his ex, even though at the time he said he was over her)

#4 - "I have a lot going on right now and I'm in a funk. You and I aren't supposed to be. But I've never had more fun with anyone and I know we click so well."

If anyone can decipher any other kind of pattern besides emotional unavailability, then I'm all ears.

Thanks for sharing, everyone.