Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
northend79

need advice on my mother ( I'm the alcoholic)

I need advice on how to beging repairing the relationship with my mother. She does not trust me at all ( I understand.) However, over conversastions we've had in the past few weeks...I've come to learn several things. The main thing being is that she actually thinks I'm WORSE than I am. For example, she things that not only do I drink, I do drugs as well ( could not be farther from the truth).....and that my drinking is more often than it was ( I'm a binge drinker plain and simple...this was happening once week, sometimes less sometimes more)....she thinks that I have strange men around my son..( again, could not be farther from the truth, just doesn't happen, plain and simple).

I get that she's upset about the drinking, as no one would want their 32 year old daughter behaving that way. However, I've been sober for three weeks now ( would be longer except for a slip up then).

I don't expect her to forgive and forget. But how do I attempt to fix a relationship in which she is accusing me of things I'm not doing? She thinks I'm lying......this is so messed up and I would love some advice.