Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

It's great that you finally came clean. While the process isn't fun, you'll feel better shortly for doing it.

Down the road though, what you do with and in sobriety will set the stage for whether those folks use what you rightfully disclosed to them against you or not. When I'm on the spiritual path, doing the right things...... acting "recovered".......nobody give me any flack for my past.

When I get off that path though, and revert to some of my old behaviors, "they" aren't always so gentle with me. In a way that's good though. Sometimes I'm a slow learner and need to get slapped across the face good and hard to wake up to something I'm doing ....or not doing but should be. It's like, from now on, all those ppl who loved me are on slightly higher alert with me and sometimes they let me have it quick.......which always hurts at the time but, in the end, it wakes me up to what is out of balance in my life and allows me to get back on track more quickly than I did when it came to facing alcoholism the first time.