View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magichappens
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hi trixxisd,
Welcome to SR. If you've read any of the posts, you know that you are not alone in your struggles with the effects of alcoholism. There are a lot of people who are going through what you are. We all reach a point where we finally start reaching out for help. The good news is that there is help.

Feel free to browse the forum, post or reply. There is a lot of experience, strength, and hope here. When we realize that we can't "fix" the alcoholic, and begin looking to fix our broken lives, we need others to show us how. It is possible to learn to deal with alcoholism in a healthier way that allows us to take care of ourself.

The Al-Anon program has helped me to begin healing. I lost myself in trying to fix others. I didn't feel I had anything else to give. The wonderful support of Al-Anon meetings, and Al-Anon literature, has helped me to find me again.

I hope that you find some comfort and serenity here. I certainly have. Don't miss the power posts at the top of the forums. There is a lot of great information there, as well as a book list of helpful literature. To find an Al-Anon meeting in your area, http://www.al-anon-alateen.org/english.html and select "How to locate a meeting." Come back when you need us. Vent, share or just browse. You don't have to go through this alone. Hugs, Magic