View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
itsanewday2011

Hi - I am reading your post and it breaks my heart. I found cocaine all over our house about a year ago, and our daughter was just two when I sent my husband to rehab. We are now divorced. I can tell you when he relapsed when he got out of rehab, it was much worse than before he went in.

I, too, had hope in marriage, in my ex husband, and for the future. I feel your heartbreak....

I will tell you one thing that really resonated with me...it may not with you, but I met with a counselor who said "you know, people are probably telling you to take care of you. However, I am telling you that you need to take care of you so that your child does not see you growing up as a caretaker, so she doesn't become one herself". So, maybe a question to ask is....if your child were in the same situation as you when she is older and married, what would you want her to do?"

I agree with Heartbroken - this can propel you to new levels. I had one of my best sales years ever in my company last year, all while going through the yucky relapse, divorce, etc.

I wish the best for you. Whatever path you choose will have rocks to it, but I am sure you have the strength and courage to get there. After all, you are in school, working, and a mom to a toddler - celebrate that!!! You will get through this.

Hugs to you.

Last edited by itsanewday2011; 01-03-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling