Thread: cleaning house
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
jamaicamecrazy

Ponder, I know it sounds absurd. So far everything has been fine. He paid all the house bills while he lived here alone. Now I am living here paying all the house bills and keeping track of such. If there is a major bill that comes up I send him the bill and he pays me half- or should I say, I write myself a check because I am still on his checking account. My finances are all separate. He has 1 primary credit card which I do not use. I have several cards that he does not use. The house stuff is mostly in both our names. He does not like to spend money. He rather walk around with holes in his sneakers and jeans than go to the nearest WalMart to buy a pair. Its one of the things that used to annoy me. Its not like we are strapped for money. I have not seen or heard that he is spending a heck of a lot of money- in fact he went for more than a year without a TV! Believe me, if I had a concern as far as finances, then I would have already done something to protect myself. at this point , without legal papers, I am ahead of the game. If we were to start to divide stuff up I might have to buy him out of the house. This is another reason I have not done anything legally.