View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Thrifty

Kanamit, thanks so much for starting this thread. I feel like I could be just like you. I posted elsewhere about this and was redirected. I hope I get a response, even though I'm a bit late in this thread.

I browsed through the RR book many years ago and I wasn't ready for it at all and got nothing out of it. I'm pretty sure I was hoping for years to be able to moderate and anything that suggested otherwise was totally ignored by me. About 5 years ago I read Easyway and, although I got a lot out of it, it didn't click for me. I picked it up again a few months ago and have read it another 10 to 15 times. I got more out of it, but i kept getting the urge to drink. I was really frustrated since there seem to be so many reviews on Amazon that claim the desire was completely gone after reading the book once.

A few days ago I stumbled upon SR and AVRT. The first thing I thought was... I wonder if this is the missing piece of the Easyway method? I believe for me it is. Easyway showed me that there is no benefit from drinking whatsoever. It also opened my eyes to all of the brainwashing we've been subjected to. It also was the first thing that made me think that I just might be able to say no to alcohol forever and quit this moderation game. However, I was still ovewhelmed by urges in spite of my newfound knowledge. I didn't realize these urges are my beast and can be overcome.

I'm still reading RR, but I am incredibly hopeful that this is what I need to put Easyway into action.

I'm so glad that others have had similar experiences with both books. I too thank you,TU, for being such a good guide when it comes to AVRT. I may
have just breezed through the AVRT sections if it wasn't for your guidance and posts.

I am still to new to post my progress, but will post soon. Thanks to everyone fro great input.