View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 04:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Rose}}}

I don't let anyone mess with my hormones, it took me so long before my doctor would finally give them to me (actually I had to have a MAJOR mood swing right in her office until she wrote me a 1 year prescription). But that is just the start.

I know that sometimes a few ladies from my 12-step group like to get together for a movie...I'll bet there are others just like you who want to go but don't want to go alone. We usually pick something funny and have a good time.

I am hoping to go to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" tomorrow night. It was filmed very close to my house and I have heard that it is hilarious.

Sometimes it is better just to make short term plans...something to look forward to over the next couple of weeks. Like you, I never count on my family to go with me.

And I have a Sunday dinner boundary...I like to cook a nice dinner Sunday and we eat it at the table with the TV turned off. Right now it's usually just my son and I, but same rules. If I feel like more company, I have a couple of seniors that live near me and I invite them...they love my cooking and just being with someone for Sunday dinner. And I enjoy them.

We just have to make our own happiness, and find joy where we can. It can take a little work, but we are worth it.

You are doing great with your recovery. JT is right when she says we can't hide in denial anymore. I know there are times when I want to, but in time we learn that facing our problems head on is wiser and what moves us ahead.