View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sapling

Originally Posted by Carly2332 View Post
Sapling, I did call her, no answer, figured she was at work, then I text her and asked her to please call me when she could . I wasn't drinking, hadn't BEEN drinking, just wasn't feeling well physically. I've been doing ok since I quit my excessive drinking, though it was fairly recently. I just don't feel that it was AA that helped me abstain from drinking. It doesn't work for everyone, for some it does, but not everyone. I see no harm in going to AA meetings for anybody who is trying to recover from alcoholism, but it's not a guaranteed solution. I guess, AA is just not for me...and I don't know how to explain this to the close people, in my life, that think I need it.
Going to meetings is fine...I love them...Been to two today...The 12 steps are the program of recovery...Plain and simple. Your odds are pretty good if you honestly and thoroughly work them and live by them....Changed my life...And I don't ever have to drink again...One day at a time. But you are right...It doesn't work for everyone...You have to be done drinking and willing to put in the effort. That was me.